Home
cover of episode 【绝望的主妇】“不惜一切代价”英语怎么说?

【绝望的主妇】“不惜一切代价”英语怎么说?

2024/6/26
logo of podcast 英语老师瑶瑶

英语老师瑶瑶

Frequently requested episodes will be transcribed first

Shownotes Transcript

【句子】And that's how Lynette finally got what she needed: time for herself and play dates for her kids...play dates she was determined to keep at all costs.   【Desperate Housewives S2E7】

【发音】/ənd/ /ðæts/ /haʊ/ /ˌləˈnet/ /ˈfaɪ.nə.li/ /gɒt/ /gɑːt/ /wɒt/ /wɑːt/ /ʃiː/ /ˈniː.dɪd/ /taɪm/ /fə(r)/ /hɜː(r)ˈself/ /ənd/ /pleɪ/ /deɪts/ /fə(r)/ /hɜ:(r)/ /kɪdz/ /pleɪ/ /deɪts/ /ʃi:/ /wɒz/ /wɑːz/ /dɪˈtɜː(r).mɪnd/ /tʊ/ /kiːp/ /æt/ /ɔːl/ /ɑːl/ /kɒsts/ /kɑːsts/

【发音技巧】And that's不完全爆破;Lynette finally不完全爆破;got what she类似不完全爆破+不完全爆破;and play失去爆破;determined to失去爆破;at all连读+闪音;

【翻译】勒奈特总算得偿所愿:自己的时间,以及孩子们的互邀玩耍。她下决心不惜一切代价,一定要保住这个互邀玩耍的玩伴。

【适用场合】

今天我们来学习一下英文当中“不惜一切代价”的说法,可以说at all cost或者at all costs;

可以理解成:in any way possible, regardless of risk or expense

 

eg: You must stop the press from finding out at all costs.

你一定要不惜一切代价,阻止媒体知道。

 

eg: She was determined to win at all costs.

她下定决心一定要赢,不惜一切代价。

 

eg: Please, save my husband at all costs-I can't live without him!

请不惜一切代价救我丈夫,我不能没有他!

 

eg: I hope my foot heals quickly-I try to avoid going to the doctor at all costs.

我希望我的脚快点好,我费尽一切努力,尽量不去看医生。

 

eg: I would avoid that restaurant at all costs—some of my friends got food poisoning there.

无论如何我也不愿意去那家餐厅,我的一些朋友在那食物中毒了。

 

eg: I intend to have that car at all costs.

我打算不惜一切代价,买下那辆车。

 

【尝试翻译以下句子,并留言在文章留言区】 

Mary was going to get that job at any cost.